So I got an email this morning from Jason Beamish:
Quick question, (and I have no quick way to get to Fraction) — my church has agreed to pick up 40 copies of [Hawkeye 7] to donate to one of our teachers’s reading classes. The shop owner ended up giving us 50% off the books. I’ve got this crazy idea to see if they are willing to pony up the full cost on the books and throw the difference straight into the donation.
Would Matt accept a check for the difference to add in?
I told him of course, but man, it would be much easier just to donate it straight to the Red Cross.
To which he responded:
Which ever way works, I just want it to tally properly so people know that comikers care.
…which is unbelievably sweet. So here’s what we’re thinking — if Hawkeye 7 warms the points of your I’M-GREAT-AT-BOATS arrows and you want to throw and extra couple bucks toward RED CROSS DISASTER RELIEF in the name of comickers and their gigantic hearts:
- Go to the Red Cross disaster relief donation page;
- Fill out your donation information;
- Where it says IN HONOR OF put HAWKGUY & YOUR NAME;
- Take a screen cap of JUST the IN HONOR OF PART (we don’t need to know how much you gave, that you gave is enough);
- Email or tweet the screen cap to me @kellysue or Fraction @mattfraction and we’ll put it up on our tumblrs tagged #hawkguy;
- Sit back and let’s see how we do.
Maybe your little bit extra will help inspire somebody else to throw in a little bit extra too.
That Hawkguy is alright.